An introduction to the Protestant Reformation
Den protestantiske reformation
Kirken og Staten
Tridentinerkoncilets udvalgte resultater:
- The Council denied the Lutheran idea of justification by faith. They affirmed, in other words, their Doctrine of Merit, which allows human beings to redeem themselves through Good Works, and through the sacraments.
- They affirmed the existence of Purgatory and the usefulness of prayer and indulgences in shortening a person's stay in purgatory.
- They reaffirmed the belief in transubstantiation and the importance of all seven sacraments
- They reaffirmed the authority of scripture and the teachings and traditions of the Church
- They reaffirmed the necessity and correctness of religious art (see below)