Use case: Preparing for math placement tests
- creating structured programs to help prepare for their specific exam
- or encouraging incoming students to use KA independently before classes begin
The two examples below are from community colleges that decided to.
Uafhængig brug af KA
Grundlæggende elementer i succesfuld brug af KA
- Use a subject-level mission as homework or supplement. Our most popular mission for college students in transition is Algebra Basics, which covers the core topics in Algebra I & II.
- Focus on mastery. Getting a skill ‘practiced’ is important, but mastery shows that students are retaining these skills over time.
- Provide additional support, such as access to tutors and motivational strategies. The human element of learning is critical - it’s important for students to have instructors/peers to intervene when needed.
- Show students the basics of using KA. Providing a little help initially when using the tool can go a long way.